Sunday, August 5, 2012

Running out of time . . .

There are only 7 full lockouts left before we're all heading into Pandaria to go plant crops, kill manifestations of negative energy and make small creatures fight each other to the death. The Mists of Pandaria pre-patch has not hit live servers yet but we can probably expect it to go up at around the end of the month, give or take a week. That leaves 3-5 weeks to finish your Pre-5.0 bucket list. That's . . . not all that long.


Still on mine
  • Kill Heroic Madness - We got to the third plate on H-Spine last night. The DPS is consistently there (we've killed the first Tendon in one lift a couple times . . . /flex), we just need to get better at handling bloods in later phases and stop dying to stupid crap. We'll get there if people stay interested and keep showing up every week. I need to save my roll-fu mojo for the mount when we finally get the kill. There isn't enough time to farm the kill and get everyone their own before 5.0 and the possible removal of it's 100% drop rate. I really don't want to go back to DS every week to farm that mount after spending 10 months in there.
  • Kill Heroic Ragnaros - My guild at the time just gave up on him well before DS was released. Yes, I'm still bitter about that since I know we could have done it if a certain someone would have stopped whining about how hard it was and actually tried to be constructive for once. I really want to get a Pureblood Firehawk while it's still guaranteed. Even if I don't get the mount, few titles are as fitting for a Destruction Warlock as "Firelord". Firelord Revynn. I like the sound of that.
  • Finish Glory of the Firelands Raider - I'll need Openraid for this one. No one on my server is interested in doing normals anymore and the few achievements I need are either impossible or much harder on Heroic. I want my purple bird, dagnabbit!
  • Level Alchemy on two more characters - I'll have a total of 5 Alchemists ready for Mists of Pandaria. Living Steel cooldowns ftw.
  • Tabard of the Scarlet Crusade - With no official word and Scarlet Monastery being revamped, this is still in the "no one knows" category of things that may or may not be going away. I'd like to get my hands on it before it's too late. (Status: Done!)
  • Cap JP/Honor on my main - Yeah, I know. I haven't needed anything from VP in months and I'm clearing DS every week but I still only have a couple hundred points to my name. Blame the ability to convert PvE and PvP points and the fact that I want several PvP weapons for my felguard.
  • Decide which character I'm going to level after my Warlock - This is the problem with having 8 85's. Elemental and Resto have managed to be more fun in MoP (in my opinion at least) than it is in Catalcysm, but I've always loved my Hunter. There's also that whole thing with farming alts and not being able to fly until 90. I suppose this will happen after the pre-patch when I get to play with all my characters with all my normal addons. Trying to get the feel for a character is noticably more difficult when none of your macros or keybinds are there and everything is in wierd spots.
  • Finish leveling Skinning on my Shaman - Formerly an herbalist, I recently dropped the profession since she's now on the same server as my Druid and it doesn't make sense to have more than one character with the same gathering profession. I picked Skinning because leather can be good cash, but it's really obnoxious to level.

The "would be nice but probably isn't going to happen" list
  • Get my Rogue and Mage to 85 - As an altaholic, it's bugging me that those two characters aren't max level yet. I might be able to get my Mage done, but my Rogue requires more leveling through Northrend and . . . ugh.
  • Finish Frostbitten/Bloody Rare - Cross realm zones are going to increase competition for rare spawn mobs significantly in old and vacant places like Shadowmoon Valley and Zul'drak. I just doubt I'll have the time and patience to camp 10-15 rare spawn mobs in the next couple weeks. Oh well, I got the one that matters.
  • Get Fandral's Flamescythe for my Druid - She's still using the crappy 353 from ZG that she's had since T11. I don't play her enough for it to really matter but I want to be a flame kitty while I can. Her gear kinda sucks though (at least in comparison to most people these days, she still outgears pre-nerf normal modes) so it's unlikely that anyone will be willing to take her along.
  • Find a guild for my alts - The problem with late night progression guilds is that they tend to be pretty vacant outside of raid times. I'd like to find a social/casual group that raids on weekends for funsies. However, I'm not the type to just strike up random conversations with strangers so I tend to just lurk in social guilds and be that creepy quiet guy in the corner that no one cares about.

It's going to be a busy couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment